While one could make the argument that Pokémon and Google Stadia have already kicked off the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), we will see continued action and news throughout the conference. Check out the list of the events where you can get updates and reveals from top publishers in the business. All event can be streamed, typically either through the publishers’ Twitch and YouTube channels or by various restreams from media outlets through the same services.
E3 Presentation Schedule (all times Eastern):
- June 8th / 12:30pm: EA Play
- June 8th / 2:00pm: Nintendo Presents – Super Mario Maker 2 Invitational along with Splatoon 2 and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Championships
- June 9th / 4:00pm: XBox
- June 9th / 8:30pm: Bethesda
- June 9th / 10:00pm: Devolver Digital
- June 10th / 1:00pm: PC Gaming Show
- June 10th / 3:00pm: Limited Run Games
- June 10th / 4:00pm: Ubisoft
- June 10th / 7:30pm: Kinda Funny Showcase
- June 10th / 9:00pm: Square Enix
- June 11th / 12:00pm: Nintendo
The Nintendo Treehouse livestream will immediately follow the Nintendo Direct where the team shows live demos for upcoming games and conducts interviews with the creators. They also tend to have a few additional announcements that were not part of the direct. Nintendo Treehouse coverage takes place June 11th – June 13th.
Doors open to the showfloor at 11:00am (Pacific) on June 11th where attendees can visit developer and vendor booths and play demo builds of many games shown during the press conferences. During this time and the following days of the conference, live coverage from various media outlets, via Twitch and YouTube channel streams, will also be available when the doors open; showing demos, interviews, and announcements from multiple developers across all platforms. There is sure to be lots of great news to come out during the week not seen during the presentations.
E3 isn’t the only thing going on in June though… Here are some other things to keep in mind:
- June 18th: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night releases on Playstation 4, XBox One and PC. Unfortunately, this release date becomes June 25th for those who intend to play on Nintendo Switch.
- June 23rd / 12:30pm – June 30th: Summer Games Done Quick 2019 (SGDQ) kicks off its nonstop, week long speedrunning convention for charity. All donations for the event go to support Doctors Without Borders. Check out the full schedule here and watch your favorite games get their butts kicked for a great cause!
- June 28th: Super Mario Maker 2 releases on the Nintendo Switch.
June is a jam packed month and while E3 is certainly the main event, don’t sleep on the SGDQ marathon and some highly anticipated game releases. Stay tuned for more information and reactions during this exciting month of events and games.